Hi,

We have upgraded our Jira from server to DC. We had issues with sync and able to clear all those. But now I don't see that we cannot sync the Customer Request type(service desk field). We were able to sync that previously but its not working after we upgraded our Jira and Exalate.

I have tried adding this script in the rules but its not updating the customer request type in the Internal Jira.

Outgoing sync 

replica.customFields."Customer Request Type" = issue.customFields."Customer Request Type"

Incoming sync (create processor)

issue.customFields."Customer Request Type".value = replica.customFields."Customer Request Type"?.value

Can you please point me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Shiva

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Setting the customer request is fully supported. 
      The normal course of action is

• First try with a fixed value and see if that works
        • If it doesn't - try to understand why
          is the value provided, what is expected by the api
          are there logs pointing to root cause 

• Then checkout the value being assigned dynamically.  Is it in the same format
      1. Shiva

Hi Francis,

I have used fixed value in incoming sync and it is updating the internal ticket with that value whatever I select in the external ticket. So looks like the fixed value is updating the Customer request type.

So I used issue.customFields."Customer Request Type".value = replica.customFields."Customer Request Type"?.value in the incoming sync and it updated the internal ticket with empty value.(removed the existing value "Everything Else" - check screenshot). Is it not grabbing the values? Can you check the script I used. 

We have same matching all request types in both instances and they are working fine previously.

2. Francis Martens (Exalate)

Request types are specific to a service desk - you can't have matching fields.

Check the content of  replica.customFields."Customer Request Type"?.value by using something like

debug.error("Replica = ${replica.customFields.'Customer Request Type'?.value}")

or inspect the remote replica ...

3. Shiva

I have tried the debug method and I got the error message like this,

• Error Detail Message: javax.script.ScriptException: com.exalate.api.exception.IssueTrackerException: Replica = rs/2df7be82-7129-49fa-b864-ca3994d0b763

It says sync rules error but I have added the script as mentioned above and also referred to this https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/Jira+on-premise%3A+How+to+sync+Customer+request+type+field+in+Jira+Service+Desk

and customer request type sync but nothing is working. 

CommentAdd your comment...