My setup: sync Jira Cloud to Jira Cloud, for issues, epics, and statuses. I'd like to review all the changes that Exalate makes, and review them regularly as part of my workflow. Is it possible to view a log of all incoming changes? I see that an Exalate user is showing up in our activity log. I tried filtering by username = exalate, but no joy. Has anyone gotten this filter to work, or a similar solution for viewing historical Exalate sync activity in Jira via a timeline?
    CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

To answer your question - you might have a look at the issue history lite which was introduced in june.  We have 0 experience with it, so it is a wild guess

As I understand it, you would like to have a list of all the changes over all the issues that exalate touches?
      We are planning for an audit feature which would provide this information.
      This is still in its inception phase, so any suggestions for the audit functionality is welcome

1. Stephen Sayler

Hi Francis,

Thanks for your response. I think this would primarily be helpful when first getting started with Exalate - it will help to build trust that the platform is sync'ing everything it should. 

Re: functionality, I am picturing:

1. the Exalate audit log open on the left side of my monitor, including the issue key and date created/updated, sorted descending by either date 
        2. a Jira window with JQL results from my local instance another window, which I can visually compare to the audit log to look for differences. 

It would be nice if the audit log included clickable links for the local issue, so that I could quickly reach an issue of specific interest. 

2. Francis Martens (Exalate)

Sounds like a feature request (smile)

Audit logging is in our roadmap, but we first need to move a mountain before we get to it.

My setup: I have 2 local projects, one with historical tickets and the other one will be the "destination" project. I have synced both, but the History information from the first one does not shows in the second one. Is there a way to keep the History from all tickets into the new tickets?

Also, I see that Comments from old ticket is shown in the new one, but the comment date is not correct, it is instead the "new ticket_creation date" (sort to call it) for all the comments. Is there a way to preserve the comment date also?

thank you

1. Francis Martens (Exalate)

Hi Javier Marcos

This looks like a new question - can you create it as such?

btw - have a look at How to synchronize issue change history in Jira Server for details on the issue history sync.