Hi We're trying to sync the value of the Portfolio Parent Link custom field. However, when we review the remote replica, we notice that the value for the parent link is not passed on and the type for the field is "Unhandled". The use case for this is that we have Initiatives with epics underneath that and stories under the Epic. The initiatives are seen as the parent for the Epic via the "Parent Link" which is a custom field provided by the Portfolio for Jira add-on. Thanks in advance
    CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hi,

I have seen this before when a custom field is created by an app, my understanding such custom fields are not supported out of the box.  

1. Jorden Van Bogaert

I think I've seen older videos with examples of uses cases where Portfolio for Jira was used. They showed that it worked in those videos, but the code wasn't shown.

I'm going to wait accepting your answer as I'm really hoping someone of the Exalate team still jumps in (big grin)

2. Michiel Meurs

Hi Jorden,

Can you check and see if this documentation meets your requirements?
        https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/How+to+Synchronize+Custom+Fields

3. Jorden Van Bogaert

Hi Michiel Meurs

Thanks for your response. I've checked the documentation before as well, but unfortunately the value isn't properly send to the remote server.

When checking the payload, I'm getting "Unhandled" as field type for the Parent Link and no additional values.

Kind regards

Jorden

This is in the remote replica: