Hello, I'm getting stuck while trying to synch the Organizations field from one instance to the other. Is there any way to achieve this? Checking the documentation I found how to sync the Name to a custom field but not the organization value itself, however I can see it's being sent through the xml on the connection. Thanks
  1. Juan Grases

So you want exalate to create the organizations on the receiving side?  We have this guide on how to sync the field by name but it wouldn't create a new organisation, let me know if that's enough.

2. Ferran

Hello Juan,

The ideal case would be to automate the organization creation, however we could deal with having to create them manually on both sides as long as they are automatically synched for each issue.

As a summary of the use case, we are trying to create a 2nd Jira instance for certain customers due to branding issues (basically, they should operate with a different url than our base one). We would like to keep working on our instance and let the customers use the new one. If a customer creates a ticket, we should receive it with the right organization set on our instance, and the other way around, if we create a ticket with an organization, it should be created on the new branded instance with the same organization.

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks!

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Hi Ferran,

I have updated the docs on page: https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/How+to+sync+Service+Desk+Organization+field+on+Jira+Cloud . Now the scripts provided there should sync the organization field (matching by name) between two Jira instances. Let me know if it works for you.

Best regards,

Juan

CommentAdd your comment...