I have created one sync to copy fields from Parent to Sub-task, but it is giving me the following error:- Could not create an issue with type `Sub-task` on project `ST`: Issue type is a sub-task but parent issue key or id not specified. But I do not want to create a Sub-task. In fact, after creating a 'Sub-task' I want to trigger an exalate connection which will copy all field from Parent to Sub-task. Is this possible?
  1. Francis Martens (Exalate)

Can you provide the incoming sync processor?

2. Vedant Kulkarni

Here is the incoming sync. I followed this link: https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/How+to+synchronize+tasks+and+subtasks. I want to sync parent and subtask using the local connection that means in the same project. And it should not create a new ticket, in fact, I want to sync issues when user creates subtasks in a project. Is this possible?

Incoming Sync
    if(firstSync && replica.parentId)
    {
    issue.typeName     = "Sub-task"
     def localParent = nodeHelper.getLocalIssueFromRemoteId(replica.parentId.toLong())
        if(localParent){
            issue.parentId = localParent.id
        } else {
           throw new com.exalate.api.exception.IssueTrackerException("Subtask cannot be created: parent issue with remote id " + replica.parentId + " was not found. Please make sure the parent issue is synchronized before resolving this error" )
        }
    issue.summary      = replica.summary
    issue.description  = replica.description
    issue.labels       = replica.labels
    issue.comments     = commentHelper.mergeComments(issue, replica)
    issue.attachments  = attachmentHelper.mergeAttachments(issue, replica)
    issue.reporter     = replica.reporter
    }
    Outgoing Sync
    replica.key            = issue.key
    replica.type           = issue.type 
    replica.assignee       = issue.assignee 
    replica.reporter       = issue.reporter
    replica.summary        = issue.summary
    replica.description    = issue.description
    replica.labels         = issue.labels
    replica.comments       = issue.comments
    replica.resolution     = issue.resolution
    replica.status         = issue.status
    replica.parentId       = issue.parentId
    replica.priority       = issue.priority
    replica.attachments    = issue.attachments
    replica.project        = issue.project
  3. Vedant Kulkarni

Oh got it. Thanks for the clarification.

So, instead of synching the existing subtask, is it possible to trigger an exalate connection on Parent issue which results in creating a new Subtask with required fields from Parent in the same project?

4. Francis Martens (Exalate)

Yes - that's possible, but only once.

5. Vedant Kulkarni

Thanks once again. I tried to create the exalate connection using this doc link https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/How+to+synchronize+tasks+and+subtasks. But it is not working for local connections.

Is there any other tutorial for local connections to do with Parent and Subtask?

6. Francis Martens (Exalate)

If still relevant - Can you provide some details about 'not working for local connections'?

CommentAdd your comment...

1 answer

Ah

And it should not create a new ticket, in fact, I want to sync issues when user creates subtasks in a project. Is this possible?

Not really possible.
    The thing is that you can only create a single twin per connection/parent issue.
    (we are working on extending the product, but that feature is still in twilight zone)

The consequence that even if you manage to get the sync right, you can only do it between a parent and a single subtask.
    If you want to sync between a parent and another subtask, you will need a new connection.

This is a dead-end atm imo

CommentAdd your comment...